After filing the Income Tax Return, the only thing that worries a taxpayer is the Income Tax Refund. You may think when will you receive your Income Tax Refund? Well, worry not, as you check your Income Tax Refund status online. This is how you can get the status of your IT Refund.
In order to check your Income Tax Refund status, you are required to visit the official Income Tax Department’s e-filing portal or the TIN NSDL website. You can also request for the reissuing of the IT Refund, if the same has not been credited to your account.
A taxpayer can claim Income Tax Refund, when he/she has paid more tax to the government, than the actual tax liability. A taxpayer can only receive tax refund, when he/she has filed the Income Tax Return as well as verified the same. Generally, the Income Tax Refund is processed when the taxpayer has claimed tax refund while filing the Income Tax Return and the Income Tax Department processes the return as well as accepts the claim.
Any taxpayer can the Income Tax Refund status online by following the steps mentioned below: –
- You are required to log in to the Income Tax Department’s official e-filing portal.
- Enter your User ID, Password and the Captcha Code
- After this, you will have to click on the “View Return and Forms” option, given on the display page.
- You are supposed to select Income Tax Returns from the drop-down menu and then choose the relevant Assessment Year.
- Once you submit the above-mentioned details you will get your Income Tax Refund status.
When you are checking your IT Refund status from the TIN NSDL website, then you are required to follow the following steps: –
- Go to the Services section, then Status Tax Refunds and after that Status of Income Tax Refunds.
- Enter your PAN, relevant assessment year and the Captcha code in the space provided.
- Click on the submit button.
- The status of your Tax refund will appear on the screen.