Ministry of Corporate Affairs has extended the DIN KYC due date to 5th October 2018 from 15th September 2018. MCA earlier requested the Directors holding DIN to DIN KYC before 15th September 2018, after this date the late filing fees was Rs.5000, but recently MCA announced a scheme to regularise the DIN e-KYC before 5th October 2018 with a penalty of Rs.500.
Download Click Here and use our Android App to file Income Tax Return
In order to complete the DIN KYC of the director is supposed to file a form known as DIR-3e KYC or DIN KYC. Here is the latest update from Ministry of Corporate Affairs on the DIN KYC due date extension.
The last date to file DIR-3 eKYC without penalty was 15th September 2018, but the MCA has extended the date to 5th October 2018 with a penalty of Rs. 500, it is the last opportunity for the defaulting directors.
Download Click Here and use our IOS App to file your Income Tax Return
Deactivation of non-compliant DINs is completed, and their statuses have been updated as ‘Deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’. Therefore, the non-compliant DIN holders may file DIR-3 KYC with a fee of Rs.500 (Rupees Five Hundred Only) till 5th October 2018 to get their respective DINs to get reactivated. After 5th October 2018, a late fee of Rs.5000 (Rupees Five Thousand Only) will be payable for reactivation.
So, if you have not filed the DIR-3 eKYC then file it now, otherwise you will have to pay a hefty late filing fee of Rs.5000. Here are the documents that you would require to file DIR-3 eKYC.
- PAN Card of the Director as identity proof
- Aadhar Card of the Director as address proof
- Recent passport size photographs of the Director
- Personal Mobile Number and E-mail ID of director for OTP (One Time Password) Verification
- Digital Signature Certificate or DSC of the director that should be registered on Ministry of Corporate Affairs Portal
- Passport (if the person holds a foreign citizenship)