The Income Tax Return filing season is here, and you must file your Income Tax Return before 31st July 2018. In order to file Income Tax Return, you must know how to login to the Official Income Tax Department’s E-filing Portal. Here is an easy guide to learn how you can login to the Income Tax Department’s Portal.
If you are not a registered user, you are required to register yourself with the Official Income Tax Department’s E-filing Portal. Registered users will have to go to the Home page of the IT Department’s Portal and on Login Here.
- Once you click on the Login Here button, it will take you to the login page, where you will have to enter your Login ID and Income Tax Login Password. You must know that your User ID is your PAN Card.
- After this you will be taken a page that contains various registration forms there you will have to select the User Type.
- Once you select User Type, you will be taken to a page where you will have to fill in your basic details.
- You will have to enter your personal details and click on continue button. Make sure that you fill your surname and date of birth as per your PAN.
- The next thing that you need to do is create an account on the IT Department’s website with a highly strong password and also select the primary and secondary options.
- You must provide your correct contact details that in your phone number and email ID.
- After this you will have to fill up your residential details, residential code and click on submit button.
- Then you will receive a confirmation mail on the next page.
- Last but not the least, you will be provided an activation link on your registered mail ID, you will just have to click on it to activate your E-filing account.