Government employees now have the facility to do online submission of income tax saving details, as well as calculation of taxes. The Controller General of Accounts has issued an office memorandum on February 25, 2020, for the benefit of all government employees. In order to successfully submit the details for tax estimation and calculation through the online mode, the Income Tax Functionality has been made available in the Employee Login under Employee Information System (EIS).
Employee Information System (EIS) and Income Tax Module
Employee Information System (EIS) is a centralized and Integrated Web-based System for keeping a track of personnel information and payroll. For government employees working in different departments and ministries, EIS serves as a complete facility for the Drawing and Disbursing Offices (DDOs). Since the time the system was developed in August 2016, it has been continually updated based on the requirement requested by the DDOs, as per the rules.
The Income Tax Module which falls under EIS has been developed and is being utilized by DDOs in order to calculate Income Tax with the projection of emoluments or deductions, this also includes entry of savings for employees, generation of Form 16 Part (B), generation of Quarterly Return Text File and much more.
Further, adding to the development in the EIS under the Income Tax Module, there has been addition of new functionalities in the Employee Login for the online submission of saving details for Income Tax Estimation and Calculation. The employee can update their details and view the tax calculation or estimation report as per details saved by them as well as updated by DDO’s.
Employees have been instructed by DDO’s to submit all Income tax saving details online for easy calculation of month-wise proportionate deduction of Income Tax from salary.
Income tax functionality in employee login in EIS:
1. Visit https://pfms.nic.in and login with your log-in id. For the login to Public Financial Management System (PFMS), you need the PFMS, EIS employee login ID.
2. Click on employee info system
3. Go to EIS
4. Under income tax menu there are two options
5. a) Consolidated statement- Here you can see month wise all emoluments and deductions from salary, arrears etc. along with projected salary (not due, if any) during the financial year. This report can be downloaded. b) Tax calculation with savings
Process for Tax calculation with savings:
1. The link for all saving options under different income tax section are provided in this page. The relevant saving form can be opened by clicking on the required link.
2. Enter details and save the data.
3. View tax calculation sheet as per saving details before forwarding to DDO.
4. Tax calculation sheet details are also available as per saved or verified details by DDO in employee login.
For assistance in filing your income tax return, you can avail for CA-assisted filing with All India ITR.