UIDAI permits clients to demand a change or correction in their Aadhaar card registered address online. A user can register such a request online using a tool hosted on the UIDAI website, uidai.gov.in, or using the mobile app mAadhaar. Digital copies of qualified supporting documents are also submitted online. The UIDAI is the supervisor of the government’s Aadhaar biometric ID program.
How To Update Aadhaar Card-Registered Address Online
- Go to the UIDAI site and select the “update your address online” option under the “update Aadhaar” section.
- Users should be in possession of their Aadhaar card-registered mobile number to request an update, correct or change in the address using this facility.
- Enter the Aadhaar-registered mobile number and click on “Get OTP” (one-time password) to continue.
- Enter the OTP. It is sent on the Aadhaar registered mobile number.
- The individuals who don’t have their current mobile number registered with the Unique Identification Authority are needed to visit an Aadhaar Centre in order to apply for a change or update.
- Select “address update”, and fill in the necessary subtleties at assigned spots.
- Subsequent to entering the complete address, upload the scanned copies of unique supporting documents.
- Subsequent to submitting the request, the UIDAI portal issues an Update Request Number (URN). This number can be utilized to track the status of the request.
How to Check Status Of Address Update Request
- Go to the UIDAI site.
- Select the “check online address update status” option (under “update Aadhaar”).
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number along with either the Update Request Number or the Service Request Number.
- Enter the OTP.
- The UIDAI site shows data on the current status of the request on the screen.
- A similar procedure can be followed to change or refresh the address using the mobile application mAadhaar.
For more information, visit the website of All India ITR