The E-way bills under GST came into being from 1st April 2018, it is mandatory for the interstate movement of goods. E-way bill is a document that is supposed to be carried by a person, who is the in charge of the conveyance that is carrying any consignment of goods that is worth more than Rs. 50,000. This is a mandatory rule by the Government of India under section 68 of GST Act.
GST E-way bill
Here is how you can register yourself, on GST e-way bill portal: –
- GSTIN or Goods and Services Tax Identification Number is a user which a person must register under GST on the portal for E-way bill.
- The taxpayers will have to go to the e-way bill portal and need to click on the registration option.
- Then you are supposed to choose e-way bill registration and need to enter GSTIN.
- The system will send you a One Time Password or OTP to your registered number, registered with GST Portal.
- After the authentication process is completed, the system allows the user to generate his/her own username and password for the e-way bill system.
- Once the user has set his/her username and password, he/she can proceed to make entries, in order to generate the E-way bill.
You can use the steps mentioned below to register one-way bill portal: –
GST Slab Service
- The transporters who have registered themselves with the GST portal will have to register with an e-way portal in order to generate E-way bill. Unregistered Transporters will also have to go the register themselves by clicking on the registration option.
- Once the transporter has registered, they will have to enrol themselves, by clicking on Enrolment of Taxpayers option.
- After enrolment, the transporter will be provided a form which he/she will have to go through and fill accurately.
- Once the transporter has filled the form, a transporter ID will be generated along with the user credentials. The transporter can give this transporter ID to the clients.