The Income Tax Department’s e-filing websites not only helps you file Income Tax Returns, but it also provides you, your verification status and other income tax related inform. This entire process makes the website a sensitive one. Due to this reason, Income Tax Department provides the taxpayers various options which he/she can incorporate in his/her income tax Returns e-filing account to make it more safe and secure.
Income Tax Returns E-filing account
Here are the steps, by following which you can secure your Income Tax E-filing account: –
- Firstly, you will have to go to the Income Tax e-filing website’s Higher Security webpage. You will find this page under the Profile Settings tab in the e-Filing Vault, go to the Higher Security option.
- Now you will come across two headings and they are you must choose the Login with Higher Security Options, which will allow you to add an extra layer of security while logging in and the second option being Lock Reset Password Options which will prevent your account from changing the password without an extra layer of authentication.
- Under Login with Higher Security Options, select the option you want to enable. You can choose Login through Net-Banking for this tutorial. You may also choose from Login using Aadhaar OTP, Login using DSC (digital signature certificate), Login using Bank Account EVC (electronic verification code), and Login using Demat EVC.
- Once you check that option, you will have to click on Proceed option.
- After this you will see a pop-up describing the security method. Click Ok and then go ahead with the process.
- You will be back to the page in step 3. You will have to Click Proceed again.
- The next page will ask you to confirm your authentication method. You need to Click Confirm.
Here’s how you can lock your password and reset it: –
- You will have to go to the Income Tax e-filing website’s Higher Security webpage.
- Scroll down to Lock Reset Password Option.
- Resetting your password via net banking is always enabled. You can prevent resets via other methods such as Using Aadhaar OTP, Upload DSC, Using Bank Account EVC, and Using Demat EVC.
- After this step you will get a confirmation pop-up. On that you will have to press click Generate Aadhaar OTP.
- Then the website will ask you to enter the OTP. Enter it and click Validate.
- In the next step click on Confirm.
income tax returns e-filing
So, those were a few steps using which you can make your Income Tax E-filing account secure, this ITR season.