The Permanent Account Number (PAN) card is a significant 10-character report issued by the Income Tax Department of India, which is needed for filing income tax forms. Consequently, it is significant that all the subtleties on the card are updated and correct to the most recent date. If you are looking forward to update the details (Name, DOB, Address) of your PAN card, you can do it from your home.
How to Update and Correct Mistakes in the PAN Card?
Give below is the complete procedure of how to update and correct mistakes in the PAN Card:
- Visit the Tin-NSDL site
- After opening the homepage, select the ‘PAN’ option from the service section.
- Click on ‘Apply’ in Data Options Changes/Corrections on the new page
- Select ‘change or improve’ in order to change the current PAN (Permanent Account Number) date
- Choose the correct option in the ‘change category’
- Name, Date Of Birth, email ID can be changed effectively, and then click submit
- Click on the ‘PAN Application Form’. (Read the instructions carefully)
- Submit a scanned copy when asked for e-KYC.
- Enter the mentioned subtleties like name, address, age proof, ID proof, etc.
- Submit all ID proof papers to NSDL e-Gov office after receipt of payment along with payment.
According to the Income Tax Department under the Government of India. “The charges for applying for PAN is Rs. 93 (Excluding Goods and Services charge?) for Indian communication address and Rs. 864 (Excluding Goods and Services Tax) for Foreign communication address. Payment of application fee can be made through credit/debit card, demand draft, or net-banking. Once the application and payment is accepted, the applicant is required to send the supporting documents through courier/post to NSDL/UTITSL. Only after the receipt of the documents, PAN application would be processed by NSDL/UTITSL.”
For more information, visit the website of All India ITR