ITR Filing without Form 16 before 31st July 2018

without Form 16
without Form 16

31st July 2018 is just around the corner and it is high time for a taxpayer to file Income Tax Return. If you are worried about your Form 16, then there is a breather for you. You can file your ITR without Form 16 and here we will tell you how you can do it.

Download Click Here and use our Android App to file Income Tax Return

  • You can calculate your Income from your salary slips.

In order to calculate your salary income, you will require your salary slips, a taxpayer can consider his/her salary slip as a major source of information regarding your income. You must collect your salary slip for all the 12 months of the relevant financial year. From this year onwards, a taxpayer is required to mention the entire break-up of his/her salary while filing Income Tax Return. The various areas that you need to fill are Salary/Pension, Allowances, exemptions etc. You generally need your Form 16 to calculate your salary and deduction, but with your salary slips handy you can file your ITR without Form 16.

Filing Income Tax Return

Download Click Here and use our IOS App to file your Income Tax Return

  • Cross check your TDS details with your Form 26AS

Form 26AS is considered as your tax book, you can find the details of the taxes that you have paid in a financial year in your Form 26AS. It is important to cross check your TDS with the figures shown in your Form 26AS as there could be some difference. If differences exist, then you need to contact your tax deductor or employer. You must match the TDS amount shown in your Form 26AS with the respective sources like TDS on salary with the salary slip, TDS on fixed deposits (FDs) with the interest certificate etc.

If you receive income from house property, then you will have to mention such income under the head Income from house property. Moreover, if you have taken any housing loan either on the let-out property or on the self-occupied property and paying interest on such loan, then you can claim deduction against same under the head of Income from House Property.

  • Try to claim deductions

You can claim deductions against the investments you have made under section 80 of the Income Tax Act. While filing your ITR you should keep the proofs of such investments handy, if you want to claim the deduction.

All India ITR Login | Start Filing Income Tax Return

Previous articleBefore you submit ITR know these Dos and Don’ts
Next articleChanges in Income Tax Return
All India ITR
All India ITR, one of India’s leading tax prep websites offering personal tax solutions focussing on income tax return filing through tech platforms, be it the web, Android or iOS, is dedicated to making tax returns as easy and convenient and yet as complete as possible. With value added services to help maximise tax savings and minimise tax outgo and tax investment advice the comparative advantage of specialization allows us to uniquely serve our clients. All India ITR is certified to conduct E-return intermediary services by the Income Tax Department of India.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here