On the off chance that you have paid higher tax to the government in the previous financial year for example FY 2019-20, at that point you are needed to file your income tax return (ITR) to claim the refund amount. Higher tax is generally paid when during the financial year the advance tax paid by an individual, self-evaluation, or potentially tax deducted at source (TDS) is more than their tax liability.
The refund is processed by the State Bank of India (SBI). The refund is sent to the citizen either by direct credit it into their account by means of RTGS/NEFT or by giving a check or request draft and sending it to the citizen’s registered address. Ensure that you have filled in the right ledger subtleties while filing your ITR as the money will be credited to this account.
Be that as it may, from March 1, 2019 onwards, the tax division will just issue e-refunds to those bank accounts where PAN is connected and is pre-approved on the e-filing site.
Ways to Track Refund Status
There are two ways to track the status of the money which you may get after filing ITR:
a) On the income tax e-filing website
b) On the TIN NSDL website
On the E-Filing Website
Given below are the steps to track the refund status from the E-Filing website:
- Visit site: www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- log in to your account by entering these subtleties: PAN, Password, and Captcha Code
- Click on ‘View Returns/Forms’
- Select ‘Income Tax Returns’ starting from the drop menu and click on submit.
- Click on your acknowledgment number, which is a hyperlink to the significant assessment year on the framework. For FY 2019-20, the assessment year is AY 2020-21.
- Another website page will show up on your screen demonstrating complete details of your ITR filing – from the date of ITR filed to ITR handled and date of issuing a refund.
- Along with that, it will also show details like assessment year, status, the reason for failure, if any, and mode of payment.
On the TIN-NSDL Website
On the other hand, one can check the status of the income tax refund on the TIN NSDL site too. Refund status is available on the site 10 days after the refund has been sent by the department to the bank, i.e., SBI.
This is the way you can check the status of your Income Tax Refund here:
- Visit the site: https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html
- Enter your PAN subtleties
- Select the relevant assessment year for which you need to check the status.
- Enter the captcha code and click on submit. Depending on the status of your refund, a message will be displayed on your screen.
For more information, visit the website of All India ITR.