Anyone who has Income in India is supposed to pay Income Tax and the last date to file Income Tax Return is 31st July 2018. You can file your Income Tax Return using the ITR Form applicable for you. There are all in all seven ITR Forms, which a taxpayer can use to file his/her Income Tax Return. There are various tax slabs, depending on which you tax liability will be calculated. Here is the procedure using which you can register yourself in the official E-filing portal and e-file your Income Tax Return.
Download Click Here and use our IOS App to file your Income Tax Return
- The first and foremost thing that you will have to do is, you will have to go to the Income Tax Department’s website and start the registration process.
- Once you visit the Income Tax Department’s official website, you are required to click on the Register Yourself button on the top right-hand side to start the registration process.
- After this, you will have to select the type of User for whom you want to register in the e-filing website.
- Then you will have to provide your personal details, that include: –
- PAN (this is your User ID for e-Filing website)
- Name (Surname, Middle name and First name or Organization Name in case of Non-Individuals)
- Date of Birth /Date of Incorporation
- Mobile Phone (not required for Non-Residents)
Download Click Here and use our Android App to file Income Tax Return
- Once you submit the above-mentioned details you will receive an e-mail on your registered mail ID for verification. You will have to complete the verification process, by entering the details mentioned below: –
- Password (This is the password that you will use to access the website- see strong password policy)
- Personal Details/ Principal Contact Details
- Contact Details
- Current Address
- Subscribe to Mailing List
- Enable Alerts, reminder and notifications
- After you submit the above-mentioned documents, you will get a message that says, “Registration Successful”. Furthermore, the taxpayer will receive a mail with the activation link and an SMS with an OTP. In order to activate the income tax e-filing account, click on the activation link sent through email and enter the OTP that you have received via SMS. Once you have successfully completed the above steps, then your income tax e-filing website will be activated and will be ready for income tax e-filing.